Thursday, August 6, 2009

John Deere?

Let me start with some background info: Today is Jared's birthday. He works for Wheeler Machinery, which is a Caterpillar dealer. Our family LOVES Cat (they pay the bills) and HATES John Deere (Ask the kids, they will say John Deere stinks)

This morning at 6:20 Jared leaves for work. He comes back into the house to tell me to come look outside. The Birthday Bandits had struck!

"Nothing runs like a Deere, not even Jared on his 35th birthday!

The kids are all dying to hit at the John Deere pinata with the Cat bat. They are anxiously awaiting Dad to get home so we can "tear that thing to pieces" (Tyler's exact words)

The poem on the garage door reads:
Deere John,
Your motor was sluggish, I thought it was rubbish, on I put on the brakes, but you flaked.
I thought you were pulling a prank, you turned out to just be a crank.
So I shifted gears and thought about your rear. But when it came to driving the shaft, you choked.
I just wish you would've croaked.
Even if you lose your spare tire my Deere, you broke my heart you old fart.
So take your green machine and make like steam cuz this old Cat is done with that,
Love, Cat

They did a great job of proclaiming our "love" for John Deere. As each kid woke up this morning they again shouted their feelings of hatred. Why would anyone do this they asked?

Jared did smile at all the poems and writing. Great job Birthday Bandits! Thank you!


This is a perfect opportunity to post another event in our family. Sunday was Family Day at Kennecott. My mom's husband works there, and they invited us to go up to see the new Cat truck that was just built there. After waiting in the hot sun for about an hour, it was our turn to climb up to see this giant Cat 795F. It is the biggest vehicle at Kennecott.



For our family, we hope this truck spells Job Security!
GO CAT!!!!!!

11 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

That is awesome! Happy birthday Jared!

Jodi said...

I LOVE the DEERE pinata with CAT bat. Brilliant! Happy Birthday Jared!

Alan Anderson said...

Ha! Ha! Happy Birthday Jared!! That is too funny. Ainsley had a hard time eating the John Deere fruit snacks I offered her at Lagoon - but she managed only because I think she just really wanted a munchie - didn't even think about that when I brought them.

And your family looks miniature compared to that truck - holy cow!!

Jeni said...

You have such a fun group of friends! Happy Birthday Jared! I hope all your birthday wishes come true!

Morgan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Morgan said...

Ok, I am still laughing at the Poem. That is hysterical! I can't believe you guys are going to rip that poor little innocent tractor to shreds! he he Have a blast! Happy 35th Birthday to Jared! Guess there is no hiding it when it's all over the lawn, eh?

Rachel said...

That is awesome! Happy Birthday Jared!

aLi said...

It sounds like you have waaaayyy too much fun!!! I love it!
Misty, I made my blog private. Email me your email address and I'll invite you in!
alisonwshepherd @ gmail.com

Kirsten said...

way too funny! Happy Birthday Jared!

Doyle Family said...

Love it! Happy Birthday Jared! What's wrong with John Deere?

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

WHAT??!?! I left a very clever comment on your "Deere" Post...and it is not here. Is that my overactive imagination at work again? Or did my computer eat it? I don't know. But I DO LOVE WHAT YOUR "FRIENDS" DID!!! what a nice b-day surprise. Happy WAY BELATED bday to Jared! Love, J