Thursday, August 20, 2009

Goodbye my friend...

I had to say goodbye to a dear friend yesterday. In its place was a sort of enemy of mine. School started yesterday for Lizzie and Tyler, and I had to wake up to an ALARM CLOCK! Ugh! I really don't like that thing. It represents so much.

During the summer I would set the alarm, but to go off at 9 am if I wasn't awake yet (very rarely would it go off). I love the lazy summer days. I love just hanging out with my kids and playing with them. I love not having as many responsibilities during the summer. I love that we could go play whenever we wanted and not have to be in bed by a specific time. I know that summer is officially not over, but my carefree summer days won't return for 180 school days.

Goodbye my friend.....I will miss you!

6 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Luckily I have until Monday to say goodbye to my summer friend...I'm so not looking forward to it.

Alan Anderson said...

I'm right there with you. Summer is drawing to a close very quickly - so sad! Hope school is going well for Lizzie and Tyler and that Emily had a fun practice school day!

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Oh, Misty!! I am so with you on this!!! I know good things comes with structure and school, etc., but OH HOW I LOVE THOSE PLEASANT SUMMER DAYS AND NIGHTS AND LATE NIGHTS AND LATE MORNINGS IF I NEED THEM!!!

Are you home alone with Ainsley this year? PUH-LEEEEEEASE don't tell me she starts Kindergarten this year!!!

love, Jane

Anonymous said...

worst. day. ever.

Wild Whitbecks said...

hey, at least you won't ever have to worry about early morning seminary, just think if they had that to get to by six in the morning... scary right??

Misty said...

Is jollygreen Chad or Alicia? I have been wondering who it is since you posted, but then saw a comment you left on Jeni's blog. Ahha. he mystery is mostly solved. I am betting it is Chad.

Love you guys!!!