Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bored

School just barely started, and I am bored. Ainsley and I can play Go Fish and have treasure hunts only so many times a day. I have cleaned bedrooms, the storage room, the family room and the computer area. I have caught up on everyone's blogs. I shredded everything that needed to be shredded. I won't let myself get a good book from the library right now. I'm bored.

Sure, there are many things I should/could be doing. But for some reason or another, I can't right now.


*I need to go to the grocery store, but the baby I watch is having a nap right now.
*The pears I am going to can are not quite ripe yet.
*The kitchen floor needs to be mopped, but I am using the deep fryer tonight, and I always mop after using it. Besides, why mop when I will be making a pear mess in the next few days?
*I have laundry that could be done, but laundry day is Thursday.
*I need to write a descriptive paper about Emily for her Spanish teacher, but after the morning we had together I have nothing nice to say about her yet.
*I have lots of shopping I want to do, but shouldn't.
*I have left messages to talk to a few people, but they haven't called me back yet.

So for right now, I am bored. Tomorrow my pears may be ready, it's laundry day, AND I will have to mop. UGH, which is worse? Boredom or too much to do?

5 comments:

aLi said...

haha! loved it. it made me smile.
What are you frying?

Alan Anderson said...

Me too. I think I finally feel like my house kind of stays clean for at least a few hours - which is really nice. I even ventured out shopping today and it was heavenly - but I can't do that everyday.

Does Ainsley want to play with Ashleigh - but that may make you even more bored if she isn't home to keep you company.

Jeni said...

you're funny misty. and inspiring! You've accomplished so much already! My kids have only been in school for 4 days and let me tell you- I am not bored. :)
What a good mom you are to play all those games with ainsley!
It sounds like you could write a really good descriptive paper about Em, with some nice descriptive words. :). We must have had the same morning. :)

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

YOU all are HYSTERICAL!!! I am thankful you have some boring moments! What a thrill! The actual last time I was bored was in 1974 while living in Sacramento. How about that? Be careful what you wish for! love, J

Unknown said...

I have an idea... maybe you could let Ainsley clean her own room. From what I hear she said that is what Lizzie is for.... That could bring hours of fun.... ha ha ha.

Sorry, but I had too.