For quite some time I have wanted to do a post about our family's Wiggle Bikes! They are an awesome toy that our neighbors have. For months our kids begged to have their own. We held them off for quite some time, not only because of cost, but because I didn't think they would actually use them two weeks after we bought them. In a weak moment their push-over Dad made the purchase. That was in April, and they are still a hit! Although the bikes look easy, they are quite a workout to use, at least for me! The kids all love to ride down our driveway and onto the sidewalk (on only two wheels) and then wiggle to the neighbors who have a down sloping driveway. They ride these for HOURS. They have even convinced the neighbor's shitszu dog to pull them (Sorry, you'll just have to take my word for it, I haven't caught that one on camera yet). They pretend they are sled dogging.
Last weekend we took the kids and wiggle bikes to a park with a hill so they could ride. Of course everyone at the park had to take a turn. Everywhere we go people want to try them out. 









I even took a turn on the hill!
Well, tonight a group of friends (the youngest being the birthday girl turning 27) went out for ice cream. Somehow we got on the subject of wiggle bikes, so I suggested we take the bikes to the park for a ride. At 10:30 we show up at the park. We surprised a couple making out in the park. I think we shocked them when we stayed for 45 minutes laughing our heads off. We all took turns riding down the hill. The turn proved a little scary for some people, but there were no injuries!!!!! We all had a BLAST!!! I wouldn't be surprised if within a few weeks half our ward owns their own wiggle bikes. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be the kids owning them, just the adults.
Well, tonight a group of friends (the youngest being the birthday girl turning 27) went out for ice cream. Somehow we got on the subject of wiggle bikes, so I suggested we take the bikes to the park for a ride. At 10:30 we show up at the park. We surprised a couple making out in the park. I think we shocked them when we stayed for 45 minutes laughing our heads off. We all took turns riding down the hill. The turn proved a little scary for some people, but there were no injuries!!!!! We all had a BLAST!!! I wouldn't be surprised if within a few weeks half our ward owns their own wiggle bikes. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be the kids owning them, just the adults.
Jodi-LaLa: the birthday girl (we let her use the pink wiggle bike)
Sheri finally got the hill figured out, after about 5 tries!
The only bad part about the night was that there were only five wiggle bikes for seven of us!
Tonight definitely rates right up there with the night some friends and I went toilet papering at 9:00 pm (it was dark). And that was just last year! I have awesome friends....if you ever need a laugh, just call us. We can make you laugh till you pee, especially since this is what happens on a good night with friends after the age of 30!!!!!!
Wiggle Bike Info: If you are buying a wiggle bike, make sure you buy a Plasma Car. They get the best reviews for working the best. Wiggle bikes can hold 220 pounds! They can be found for the best price on eBay. Lia did find them on Target.com with free shipping. She has already ordered two, and she says they are for her kids. Like we really believe her!



11 comments:
Best. Night. Ever. I want some of those pictures Misty, you know I need to do a post too!!
Oh, and thank Ains for me for the use of her wicked pink bike!
I am so glad for Jodi LaLa's birthday!! I had so much fun! It was exactly what I needed. AND I think we totally burned off all the calories from "dinner" on our bikes!! :)
LOVE U ALL!!!
wow u guys r really weird. i was up late last night and my dad got really loud so i went out to see if he was ok. guess what he said. "your mom and her friends have lost every cent of their memory. their comin to get the wiggle bikes to take them to bee park." u guys r so weird. but i still love you all.
Emily- LOL! Right ONNNN!! Love it!
BTW....I just bought 3 myself off E-bay!
I have never heard about those. But I really want one now!
Yea for you Madam Morgan. I am so glad you will join the club. We need to have a picnic in the park with everyone so we can all ride together!!!!
Oh, Misty, Misty, Misty!!! I want to be one of your neighborhood friends!!! 10:30 pm? BRING IT ON!!!! Way to go, girl! You are TOPS!!! And I suspect your friends are, too. Thank you, Jared, for making this post possible! Love, Jane
Would they be appropriate for a 61st birthday present?
i just keep looking at these funny pictures and laughing. I had so much fun. We stayed out really late for a weekday night too!! Geez. We actually stayed out late for ANY night for of the week me!!
You are such a good friend and I love you so much. We have had some good times!! Cheers to many more to come!! AND celebrating Jodi Lala's birthday once a month!! :)
Oh I am so bummed I missed a Leatherby's trip and this fun!! Oh well a vacation was just what I needed too. My Mom and Dad just bought wiggle bikes for the grandkids to play with at their house. They (the grandkids) love them. Maybe I should ask if they have been secretly riding them as well???
Post a Comment