Do you ever just have one of those days....they start out OK, but then all of a sudden go downhill? That was my Thursday. I even had an hour to myself in the morning. But then suddenly the kids get home from school and chaos erupts.
Each kid was planning to have a friend over. That's fine, nine kids running through the house. That I can handle. But then one of my girls starts telling me some details about a problem with a friend at school. My poor daughter was in tears that day at school because of things this other girl said. Things like that break my heart because I really can't do anything about it to help them.
Then Tyler tells me that his ear started hurting around lunch time. Lovely. If it was any of my other kids I would wait till morning to deal with it. But not Tyler. The poor kid has had five tubes and one ruptured ear drum in that ear (before Thursday). I call the doctor to schedule an appointment for that evening. A few minutes later Tyler tells me his ear is dripping water. Because he is playing so good I assume the water is leftovers from the swim pool the night before.
My doorbell rings (while I am changing my clothes). I am frantically dressing so I can answer the door. It was a person giving me some news that I was expecting, but not wanting to hear. So even though I knew it was coming, I still had a good cry.
By now Tyler isn't playing as good. I load up all the friends to take them home on the way to the doctor. After dropping off one friend, Tyler announces he doesn't feel so good. Luckily he brought his pillow to hold against his ear in the van. Suddenly he starts vomiting all over his pillow and himself. Poor Lizzie's friend who was sitting right next to him! I call the doctor to say we will be late for his appointment because he obviously needs a shower by this point. We drive back home. As I was helping him get undressed for the shower I notice purple spots all over his arms. I started panicking at this point. Because he so suddenly got sick, and because he has a weird rash, I am sure he has some crazy disease. In my defense, I am not usually that paranoid of a mom.
Tyler gets showered, I scrub puke from the van, and we head for the doctors again. By this time Tyler is constantly moaning because he feels so crappy. He is breathing funny, and again I am sure he is really sick. Half way to the doctors office, I had a realization. The night before at the pool Tyler had kept jumping off the high dive and landing with his arms straight out. They were red all that evening. Evidently, water can cause bruises! That was a relief to realize that.
When we get to the doctor, she takes one look at Tyler's arms and goes into panic mode before I can explain the high dive. See, I am not the only one. She tells me that his spots are an indicator of several serious diseases. However, if his spots do spread or get bigger, call an ambulance immediately. SCARY!
I knew Tyler had an ear infection, but I was hoping beyond hoping that it hadn't burst. Thursday definitely wasn't my day. Tyler's ear drum had ruptured again. In my mind I am thinking more scar tissue and yet another set of tubes. The poor kid!!!!!!
Tylenol is working, and Tyler seems to be feeling better. We head to Harmon's to pick up his prescription. In the parking lot Tyler starts throwing up again. We are supposed to be going out of town the next day, but I am thinking maybe not since Tyler probably has the flu with his ear infection. We head in to get the meds and run into someone we know. That person will not acknowledge us even though we say hello. RUDE!
We finally get home at 8:00. I am bugged, ornery, feeling bad, tired (Mentally and physically) and still have to run to Walmart for some stuff I need in case we do get to go out of town. (Luckily the vomiting must have been pain related because Tyler was absolutely fine the next day!)
I finally get to eat and crash into bed, and anxiously await a new day.
11 comments:
Motherhood...the very best occupation in the whole world. And you got it all in ONE DAY!!!!
Oh, my, Misty!!! Poor Tyler and poor you!!! I thought Ethan was the king of ear troubles, but I think Tyler is overtaking him...maybe even passing him by!!
You have my sympathy and love. Hang in there. I am SOOOO glad it wasn't more severe! love, J
Oh Misty, that sounds like an awful day. I am so sorry. Does Tyler see and ENT? I'm sure he does. Ear infections are the worst. I hope your days get better!
What a rough day! I'm glad you survived it and Tyler is feeling better!
OK. I need to stop complaining. I am so sorry you all had to go through all that! You are amazing!
The day itself wasn't bad. It really is just a day in the life of a mom. We have all had these kind of days. It was just one of those "When it rains, it pours" kind of days. And unfortunately, I wasn't quite in the dancing mood.
(One of my favorite quotes is: "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.")
oh wow! I've thrown up before from pain. From headache pain. Headache was related to being a woman. Isn't that wierd how you can get pukey from being in pain? I am glad Tyler didn't have anything worse!!! That was thrilling to read that~ anticipating what was going to happen.
Well kim...it sounds like it's been a dancing in the rain kind of week...wink wink...nudge nudge.
I get mad too Misty when people don't acknowledge me when I know dang well they can see me and they know me.
I'm glad Tyler got better quick so you could go on your trip.
That sounds like a horrible day! I hope Tyler is doing better! Some days I wish I could just go back to bed and skip that day.
Yikes! What a crappy couple hours you had. That stinks. I am glad you survived it all and that Tyler quickly got feeling better. I am glad to hear that every mom has some pouring days-we're not alone! :)
And to think you were bored just a short week ago. The joys of motherhood. Gosh I can honestly say I don't miss them very much. Hang in there darlin' soon they will be gone & it will all be a distant memory. Think Kelly on your 7th or 8th birthday.
I want to hear about Kelly on your 7th or 8th birthday. Was that the "scalping" incident with 144 stitches? love, j
Post a Comment