So here is my question....is it okay to wear maternity clothes even if you haven't been pregnant in years, and are not planning on getting pregnant? I am not talking about wearing them because they fit better, I am talking about buying and wearing them just because they look comfy. I have a friend (she shall remain nameless, but I think she will comment to this, so see if you can figure out who she is) who purchased some maternity clothes because she is WEIRD!!!! She has a great figure and I hope she doesn't wear them because she thinks she fits in them better....... I admit, I wore maternity clothes for quite some time after I have a baby, but not eight years later!!!!!
I hope I don't offend anyone with this post, I just have to give my friend a hard time. I will say that her daughter was quite mortified when she learned this bit of information tonight!!!! Personally I did love some of my maternity clothes, but not enough to buy them now!
Sorry Friend, this was one secret that wasn't so safe with me!
January 2020
6 years ago
7 comments:
Ew! I HATED maternity clothes! I rarely wore them while I was prego and haven't worn them since. They are already bagged up and put far far away!!! Oh-and we also have the same blog background...great minds think alike!
Sometimes, when I'm at my favorite store Target, I see something really cute...and it turns out it's MATERNITY! I get so mad! So, I've wondered about this question myself... I can't wait to hear what the correct answer is. :)
YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE!!!
Let me start with a little explanation...
1. I was SURE I was pregnant a few months ago when I purchased them. Turns out -- I'm not. I cant let good jeans go to waste!!
2. It is not "maternity clothes" in general. It is one specific pair of jeans. (and maybe an occasional shirt...)
3. They have the stretchy top. The kind that goes all the way up to just below your boobs. HOW COMFY IS THAT??!!??
For a further explanation, please look on my blog tomorrow. I am going to take 3 pictures of myself in 3 different pairs of jeans, and see if you can tell which ones are maternity! Here's a hint.. It will be the picture I look the most COMFORTABLE in..!! :)
Hmmm, I had a feeling it was you Jenny. I have to confess I wore Maternity jeans wayyyyy to long after Jack was born just because I didn't have to mess with the snap. (So time consuming!)
A few years ago when we were shopping for easter dresses, I found 2 fab dresses for me. The first one I tried on made me look prego and it wasn't a maternity dress. The second one was a maternity dress and didn't even look or fit like one. I went home with the maternity dress. Can you guess which one it is?
I told you she would leave a comment!
Nichole, I know which dress, but only because you told me. Jenny says I have seen her in her prego pants and haven't noticed.....I guess you both prove that it is okay to purchase maternity clothes even if you aren't expecting!!!!!
nice jenny
Post a Comment