Thursday, January 7, 2010

Random Thoughts

First of all, I would like to sincerely apologize for my complete lack of posting. I will think of things to blog about, but then never get around to it. Call it lazy, call it lack of confidence, call it whatever.


I hate when others don't blog (myself included), and I hate to see my name in the over one month category of other people's blogs.


So I can move up in the post list I will give you some of my random thoughts:


* Going back to school/work after Christmas break is a drag.

*We painted and redecorated Lizzie and Ainsley's room this week. They now have a purple and blue room to match their new comforters. They rearranged the furniture and it looks so cute!

*Ainsley has her first (and second) loose tooth. I hope they come out before her top tooth starts to come in....it would be such a cute smile.

*Tyler has passed up Emily in his knowledge of the Wii. I think I am raising a gamer. He prefers to play Indiana Jones Lego over doing about anything.

*Lizzie got bangs cut in her hair just before Christmas. Believe it or not, she didn't read that much over the break.

*Emily saved up her money and bought herself a Nintendo DS just before Christmas. I had to drive all over town, but we found it in her signature color- lime green. It is a good thing we finally found it...I had heard from Santa he was making her DS games, what a yucky Christmas morning that would have been.

*I caved and let Emily read the first three Twilight books. She finished them in less than three days. It will be awhile before I let her read the last one.

*We went ice skating over the break. Ainsley skated the whole lap two times without holding on to anything!

*Jared had the week after Christmas off. We went to Hardware Ranch, hosted a New Years party, and painted the girls room.

*"Did you know" became a new term in our house.

*Cheap white bookshelves are hard to find.

*I would like it to snow, a lot.

*Ainsley saw a tow truck picking up a dead car in front of our house. She asked if it was a repo. Evidently my kids watch too much of the white trash show Operation Repo.

*I spent some time on facebook with Emily, I still don't like it.

*I threw out or gave away about 400 pounds of junk from the girl's room this week. What a wonderful feeling!

*We forgot to put out the trash cans the day after Christmas. UGH!

*I'm pregnant!

* Just kidding, I wanted to see who actually read all this!
Maybe this week I will change from a Christmas background!

10 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

My eyes about popped out of my head! You funny girl! Glad you had a nice holiday! I heard the party at your Mom's was lots of fun! Wish we could have been there.

Lia said...

You're so CRAZY! I just love your humor!

Erin said...

Misty.. that was NOT a funny thing to joke about.. ok... maybe a little funny :)

Doyle Family said...

Very Funny! You had me for a second!

aLi said...

AAAH! How hilarious! You crack me up! My jaw dropped for a second!!!

Kirsten said...

well I for one was happpy to see your blog rise to the top of my list.

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

O H M Y G O O D N E S S ! ! ! Yup, you gave me an absolute heart beat with extra adrenaline!!!! Holy COW!!! But wouldn't that be cool!

We got new carpet and had a wonderful time dejunking our bedroom and closets. Talk about rejuvenation!!! Thanks for letting us peek into your lives. We LOVE THOSE CUTE KIDS!!! and they are growing up way too fast! love, Auntie Jane

Denice said...

Wow, I thought your background was Valentines not Christmas, I must have not visited in a long time.Emily you read faster than me now, I took a day and a 1/2 to read Twilight, think I will wait a while to read the rest. Tyler tried so hard to teach me something on the WII, guess you can't teach an old Grandma new tricks. Lizzie and Ainsley I love you new paint job. Miss Ainsley Jane will you please be more careful, Grandma doosn't like it when you get hurt.Misty you almost had me with the pregnacy thing. Didn't work tho. Love you all lots and lots and lots and...............

Anonymous said...

DID YOU KNOW....... I love your blog!!!!

DID YOU KNOW........ I am a blog slacker (you know that)

Marquardson Family said...

I'm like everyone else, I sat straight up in my chair when I read the last one! Thanks for the good giggle! :)