We are "celebrating" our third anniversary of Jared being so sick and in the hospital for so long. I try not to reflect on this time of our lives very often because it makes me so sick to my stomach to relive those days. Maybe if I journal all the good points I can focus on them instead. We did learn so much during this time, and we were blessed with too many blessings to count. Just to name a few blessings:
Countless friends and family who took our kids for hours at a time.
Friends who cleaned for me: my microwave, my laundry, my table, etc....
Friends and family who came at the drop of a hat to give Jared and myself blessings.
The uncountable number of visitors who cheered us both up even when we didn't feel like being cheerful.
The Dotsons, Bowens, Bakers, and our Moms; the people who called or visited Jared AND myself EVERYDAY for the 21 days, plus when we got home.
The nurse who hugged me while I was sobbing with Jared sitting on the toilet watching and crying.
A candle light dinner on our anniversary, the day Jared got home from the hospital....the best anniversary gift ever!
An employer who not only worked with Jared being out of work for so long, but saved a promotion for him when he got back to work.
My four kids who gave Jared inspiration to live even when he didn't think he could or would.
Two wonderful doctors who made the right decisions at the right time.
We have learned:
To never take our health for granted.
Health insurance is necessary
More about the health care profession than we want to know.
Everyone should have 30 grams of fiber a day.
Subway bread really stinks when you smell it constantly in the elevator.
Kids are very adaptable to constant change.
Thank you to EVERYONE who helped us at this time!
January 2020
6 years ago
5 comments:
I'm amazed it was three years ago! I mean, I know we weren't even in the same state, but it doesn't feel like it was that long ago...
I love your perspective and all the blessings are AMAZING!
I have to admit (but don't tell Jared) that I still feel a little emotional when I think about that time. I can only imagine how you still feel about it. It's true how if you look you can see the blessings in those trials.
I didn't realize that today was the anniversary of the ugly time of your life. We are so lucky to have Jared in our lives (don't tell him I said so). I'm glad you can laugh a little about it now,I agree with you on the Subway smell. It's amazing how many blessings can come out of tragedy, you just have to look for them. I love you all!!!!!
Oh, Misty! So poignant! I am so grateful for Heavenly Father watching over you and Jared and your family and answering our prayers in such an astonishing way. You are so inspiring. I am like Rachel. I get a little emotional, too.
Thankful Jane
Wow - I can't believe it has been three years. So much you have learned - so many things to be grateful for. I tell you - we live in the best place for friends who help out all the time. Love you guys!
Post a Comment