I posted the words to this song because I can't ever understand the words on a song until I hear it several times. Scroll down to my music player (at the bottom). Make the song start over, and enjoy your freckles!!!!!
I used to care so much about what others think about
Almost didn't have a thought of my own
The slightest remark would make me embark
On the journey of self doubt
But that was a while ago
This girl has got stronger
If I knew then what I know now
I would have told myself don't worry any longer it's OK
[Chorus:]
'cause a face without freckles is like a sky without stars
Why waste a second not loving who you are
Those little imperfections make you beautiful, lovable, valuable,
They show your personality inside your heart
Reflecting who you are
Who you are
Who you are
Who you are
I wondered if I could trade my body with somebody else in magazines
Would the whole world fall at my feet?
I felt unworthy and would blame my failures on the ugliness I could see
When the mirror looked at me
Sometimes I feel like the little girl who doesn't belong in her own world
But I'm getting better
And I'm reminding myself
[Chorus]
Reflecting who you are
Reflecting who you are
6 comments:
Misty that is so sweet...we have this same issue with Sophie at our house. I had heard the quote about a face without freckles is like a sky without stars and I've even thought about getting it done in vinyl lettering for her bedroom..and then this song came along...so sweet.
I CAN NOT believe you have issues with your freckles...I've never even noticed that you have freckles...just your beautiful young fresh face! :)
Have you read the book "Freckle Face Srawberry" ? It's Sophie's new favorite book.
Super cute post Misty.
Like Jeni-I dont think I have ever noticed your freckles. Isn't it funny how we notice these things about ourselves though and think that is all anyone else can see? I loved this post-thanks for sharing! I am now a fan of this song-I may have to have our YW listen to it too! :)
PS..Freckles are a GOOD thing! :) I LOVE freckles!
I have to be honest and say that I have noticed your freckles, but I've always thought they we cute and suited your face. They do make you look young and fresh, you're beautiful! I know what you mean though, I've been called the "mole queen" (and that was a nurse in the dr.'s office)! But I've always like freckles on faces!
This song is too cute! And just so you know, Savanna and Emily both LOVE it! And I love that!! They were downstairs for most of the night making up a dance to it.... Too cute!! Lets hope the words sink in to their young, impressionable minds...!!
PERFECT!! I do LOVE stars and freckles. I want to hear the song! love, j
Post a Comment