Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tagged!

OK, I have been tagged several times in the last two months, but as KK said, "Who wants to think while they are blogging?" It has been bothering me that I haven't responded to them. Well, it's learn all about Misty day. I will respond to every tag (at least I think I am....sorry if I forgot one somewhere). Here goes:

Husband Tag (from Nichole)

1. Where did you meet? At Oceans Restaurant. His brother was dating my aunt. They took me there for dinner on a night he was working so we could meet.
2. How long did you date before you got married? 11 months
3. How long have you been married? Almost 14 years
4. What does he do that surprises you? Randomly helps me with different things around the house.
5.What is your favorite feature of his? His eyes, I love their color. I still wish one of our kids had hazel eyes.
6. What is your favorite quality of his? His work ethic, he won’t stop until a job is done, at home or at work.
7. Does he have a nickname for you? Wubby
8. What is his favorite color? He doesn't have one. I had to ask him.
9. What is his favorite food? Seafood
10. What is his favorite sport? Paintball!
11. When and where was your first kiss? I know it was inside my house by the front door, and I think it was on our second date.
12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Snuggle or have "date night"- take out and a rented movie after the kids are asleep.
13. Do you have any children? Three daughters and one son
14. Does he have a hidden talent? No, he hides nothing!

15. How old is he? 34
16. Who said "I love you" first? He did, and I must admit it frightened me a little, I was still in high school.
17. What do you admire most about him? His playfulness with me and our kids. He loves to tease, but this shows me how much he enjoys us and life.
18.Do you think he will read this? Eventually

Eights (from Jeni)


6 TV Shows (I couldn't think of eight)
*Grey’s Anatomy
*ER
*Amazing Race

*American Idol
*Sesame Street
*Friends

8 Restaurants

*Bajio
*Cafe Rio
*Olive Garden
*Spaghetti Factory
*California Pizza Kitchen
*McDonalds breakfast
*Anything Mexican
*Anything Italian


8 Things I did yesterday
*Took Ainsley to story time at the library across town in a blizzard
*Babysat
*Shopped at Jo-Anns for Festival of Trees
*Bought lunch for Ains and me
*Watched Barbie as the Island Princess with Ains
*Helped Lizzie with fractions
*Tried to go to the Conference Center with the YM/YW. (we left because of no empty seats)
*Snuggled with Jared


8 Things I'm looking forward to:
*Going to Olive Garden and shopping with Nichole and Jared's Mom tonight
*Candlelight dinner and watching Amazing Race with my family on Sunday
*Disneyland (someday)
*Spring
*Paying off braces
*Being done with braces
*Pioneer Trek (if I get to go)
*Friendship Night tomorrow

8 Things on my wish list:
*Disneyland
*A clothes shopping spree for me
*Emily's transition to Jr. High to go smoothly
*Patience
*A piano
*An empty night on the calendar
*Painting the upstairs
*A cleaning person to come twice a month

Six quirks about me (from Jeni)
*I love to watch the weather every night. I watch the seven day forecast, but forget the next night what the next days forecast was, so I have to watch it again.
*I love to mow, rake and shovel snow, but hate to weed eat, blow leaves, and use the snow blower.
*I love soup; a quirk only because nobody else in my family likes it.
*I can't sing. When I am sitting by people at church I only mouth the words so they can't hear me.
*Unlike Jason, I like piles on the counter. If I hide the piles in drawers they get forgotten and lost forever. Piles are my never ending to-do list.
*I hate cough syrup. I will stay up all night coughing rather than take cough medicine. However, I will gladly make my kids take cough medicine when they are sick so I can sleep better.

Seven Random or Weird Facts About Me (from Jenny) I am also combining this one with Five Things You Don't Know About Me (from Nichole)
*I love to listen to classic rock....Beatles, the Doors, Journey.......
*I hate scrapbooking. However, I do organize ALL of my pictures in chronological order in photo albums.
*Our family has been doing Family Home Evening once a month with Danny and Nichole for 4 1/2 years. We take turns doing the whole night: dinner, dessert, and a lesson. I love knowing that once every other month I don't have to do anything. I also love the memories and closeness this brings.
*I am a bargain shopper, but hate thrift stores and the DI. They stink.
*I got my first cavity when I was pregnant with Lizzie. I should have known then she would be trouble.
*I come from a long line of gardeners on both sides of my family, but I hate gardening.
*For some reason, my body doesn't tolerate sugar. It gives me a migraine. I have learned to eat my treats before bed so I don't feel the headache.

There, maybe I won't feel tagged guilt anymore. I am tagging nobody, however, if you would like to respond by tagging yourself with one of these...feel free!

11 comments:

Jeni said...

Oh Misty! I learned so much! I absolutely loved reading your tags. you are amazing.

aLi said...

Yeah, I agree with Jeni, that was really interesting.

I can't believe Emily's already approaching Jr. High age. It's true what they say, "don't blink." She has grown up faster than I realized.

Interesting about the sugar thing. Is that how you stay so skinny, too?

Kalynne said...

Wow-I feel famous now that you quoted me!!! Very interesting tags-thanks for letting us get to know you more!

Rachel said...

I can't believe all the things I learned about you! BTW, I don't sind in church either. And... I think Jared should call you Wubby in public! :) Loved your post!

Kim-the-girl said...

This is was great! I didn't know most of that stuff, but I loved all that about you and Jared... you were in high school?! I had no idea!

Nichole said...

Things that make ya go hum...I've known you for 14 years and didn't know some of that stuff. It was cool to read.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you decided to have a blog!! I hope you know how much I love you and your family. Also, I was looking at you during church today...wondering if you were "singing" or just "mouthing the words"...!! LOVE YA!!!


Jenny

Glenn and Lance said...

I remember you didn't like taking any medicines, not just cough syrup. One time you were sick and your mom was trying to give you Paragoric. You were crying your head off because you didn't want to take it, meanwhile, Casey was standing next to you say, "ME! ME! ME!"

Misty said...

Gross! That stuff was the worst. I always knew that kid had problems.

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Oh, I lOVED this post! Misty, you are just a FUN delightful girl! I also have a thing about singing. When Scott isn't sitting beside me, and I can actually hear myself, it is scary! Oh well. He has this thing about singing even if you don't think you can sing. Something about vibrations and connecting and healing and stuff. So sing. Get groovin!

Thanks for ALL the scoop! love, Jane

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

oh...and if you cough again...rub the soles of your feet with VICKS. Ask Jeni...it totally works better than cough medicine.
love, j