Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Blog Slacking!

I am not really a slacker....at least most of the time. Life has been crazy lately, and I can barely find time to read other's blogs, let alone update mine. Unfortunately, I don't predict things will calm down until February.
Here is what has been going on at the Startups......
WE FINALLY GOT A PIANO!!!! The all caps are because we are all ecstatic about this. Emily has been taking lessons for four years on a keyboard. HOORAY!!! The only downfall is that a piano doesn't have a volume control button like a keyboard does. However, I love that our house is always filled with some sort of "music." I use the word music loosely because Tyler and Ainsley love this new toy also!
TYLER FINALLY LOST HIS FIRST TOOTH! This is also all in caps because is was big time exciting!!!!! The poor kid is seven. When he told me about the loose tooth a couple months ago I said "About dang time!" Tyler then told Jared I said "About damn time!" Needless to say, Tyler got teased plenty about the d*!m tooth. Maybe another tooth will get loose sometime in the next year.
While Jared and Tyler went camping with the young men last weekend, my neighbor Jenny and I decided to take our daughters out for a girls night. If you read her post you will learn that small children don't like to be dragged out of bed at midnight to go out to breakfast. However, I did learn that small children do enjoy toilet papering! The girls learned a valuable lesson...always make sure you go to bed with matching cute jammies because you never know when you will be dragged out of the house.
In response to the thankful tag....I am so thankful for all that I have. I am so blessed in all aspects of my life. If I were to list everything I would turn into a blubbering mess. Maybe later I will be able to type my list without losing all emotional control.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

4 comments:

Glenn and Lance said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Startups! We are excited about your piano! When can we come over for a concert?

Misty said...

You are welcome at our house anytime!

Jeni said...

You guys are amazing! Congrats on the piano and the da*# tooth!

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Yippee!!! A piano and a ...... tooth!!!! It is a good week! Midnight toilet papering? That's another example of why your kids are born while you are YOUNG@!!! love ya, Girl!!!! Auntie J