So there I was, being left at home without Jared for the third weekend in four weeks. I was imagining a relaxing Saturday with lots of movies and treats. I figured that on Friday I would hurry and get the house clean, starting with the bathroom. I went in to start scrubbing and ended up pulling down wallpaper and planning my redecorating job. Needless to say, I did not end up with the quiet Saturday I envisioned. But, I am so proud of myself. I hate to brag, but this is all brag worthy. Jared has no idea I am doing this. He should be home from deer hunting on Wednesday. I pulled out stripped screws, I patched holes, I washed walls, taped walls, and painted walls, and painted trim; all by myself (with kids running around me). What makes this so amazing is that I have never painted a wall before in my life. Jared does all the painting(preferably without kids running around). He hates to paint, but does a thorough job and everything has to be just perfect. Hopefully my paint job is up to Jared's standards! I think that I am most proud of the fact that he has no idea what he is coming home to. Lets just hope I am not sleeping on the couch for a week! Maybe he'll stay home for a few weeks in a row, he'll be worried about any other big projects I come up with!
11 comments:
Good for you! Maybe you'll inspire me to do something like that for Ethan while he is away this week...
I am totally impressed... but you need to put pictures up so we can get the full effect!
Wow Misty!!! I am uber-impressed especially because you have kids running around!!!
Wow! You have been very busy - wasn't it Jared that redid your shed while you were out of town? If he gets mad maybe you can just remind him of that! I bet the bathroom looks awesome! What color is it?
Kudos to you! I am very impressed, I have been wanting to paint a wall in my house for over 2 years now...and still haven't done it! Maybe I need some of your motivation!
I think I am the only person who has sent his in person - because I am a stalking neighbor. IT IS AMAZING!! The colors are perfect, the paint job is awesome, and in the mean time... Mistys house and kids are all still perfect! Misty, you are a super mom - to your kids, and mine!!
This project is definitely BRAG WORTHY!! We should have an unveiling of the bathroom party!! A potty party!! :)
Good work sista!!!
Ok girls. Only the bathroom is brag worthy, none of you saw the complete chaos that the rest of the house was in. A repairman came on Monday while I was painting, and he literally could not walk in a straight line anywhere in my house. He kept having to hop over things. It was rather funny, I told him to enter only if he dared. I still haven't caught up on all the regular housework. The kids were good during this project, and remember my baby is four. She doesn't need much of my help anymore. KK, you can do it, and Jenny, you inspired me to change the bathroom. Potty party at my house anytime!!!!!
I could think of better things to do.
So what did Jared say?
I am still sleeping in our bed. He thinks it is too dark, and would like to install a heat lamp over the shower for extra light, something I have wanted for a long time. Maybe I won't buy the brighter light bulbs until the heat lamp is installed!
SUPER MOM!!! I did our bedroom a couple of years ago while Scott was on a choir tour. IT was pretty exciting. Right now I am in a SUPER SLUMP. Don't care. Don't wanna.
Any remedies? Love, j
Post a Comment