I am such a nice mom. Yesterday I told my kiddos to get all their stuff done so we could go ICE SKATING that night. They happily finished homework and chores and even helped make dinner. Emily had invited some friends to meet us there. Of course this wasn't done by phone, only Facebook. We bundle ourselves up and head to the Olympic Oval just around the corner. When we pull into the parking lot we notice some big buses so I send Emily and Lizzie in to make sure it is public skate night. I was quickly surrounded by more giant chartered buses, so I had to move the van. The girls come out and are searching all over for me through the crowds of adults streaming off the buses. They get back in the van and announce there is no public skating tonight. They informed me that they had asked the employee just inside the door holding a tray of drinks and greeting all the masses of people. When I asked Lizzie if she had asked the guy for a drink, she replied, "No, the drinks were green with olives, I think they were a little suspicious." Luckily, my sweet kids weren't too mad at me when we came home and watched American Idol instead. I do feel bad for Emily's friends who went to the oval, only to be turned away also because we couldn't call them because we don't have their phone numbers, only the Facebook info. Why have people's phone numbers if you don't have a phone to call them is her reason for this. I keep repeating to myself: "I will live through three teenage girls!"
The moral of the story: before you invite friends and promise your kids things, make sure the venue is open!
January 2020
6 years ago
2 comments:
I had this fear strike yesterday as we were on our way to the children's museum with 3 friends... luckily it WAS open and it WAS the free night... whew! Glad your kids were understanding. :)
Your kids are always understanding, especially Miss Emily... next time have her check everything out, isn't that what the oldest child is suppose to do, at least it was with you. You make me laugh!!!! Love ya
Post a Comment