Thursday, February 25, 2010

GROSS!

Last time I grocery shopped, the fridge was pretty bare, so I decided it would be a great time to clean the fridge. You know, take everything out to wash the shelves, plus clean up the spilled sticky substance at the back of the fridge. This Monday I had put some frozen chicken with some water into a large Ziploc to defrost. Dinner plans changed, and we didn't eat the chicken until Wednesday. I went to get the chicken/water/bag out of the back of the fridge and realized the bag had leaked, ALL over the backs of each shelf. Gross chicken water all over the spillproof shelves, AND the bottoms of any containers that happened to be on those shelves. I got to clean all the shelves again, plus clean all the containers that had soaked in chicken water. Not only that, but I got to mop the floor because the gross chicken water spilled while I was cleaning it up. Yea for me to get to do all this!
On the bright side, at least I hadn't been grocery shopping since the first cleaning, so the fridge shelves were getting pretty bare so there weren't too many containers to clean or food to throw away.

GROSS!!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Eeeew! I hate chicken juice!

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Spillage in the fridge is one of the WORST!!! love, j

Alan Anderson said...

I hate that - you try and clean and then it totally backfires on you. So glad you hadn't gone grocery shopping yet - see it does help to procrastinate some of the time!