I am having Halloween dilemmas this year. Emily's costume is done, thanks to needing it for a costume party two weeks ago!! Lizzie's should be easy after a DI trip. Here is my dilemma....don't you think you could find a vampire cape in children's sizes? The only cape I can find is an adult size. I could probably sew a cape, but he really wants one with the big red collar. Luckily this adult sized cape has that, and I could somehow make it shorter. Also, I have only found one store that sells vampire fangs without all the make up or without buying 30 sets of teeth.
My other dilemma is Ainsley wants to be a dog. "You know Mom, I am already Penny most of the time" (See the post about kid updates.) But, where can you find a dog costume in a kid size and not a toddler size? I have bought brown sweats to turn inside out because they don't sell plain sweats anymore. The one thing I am missing now is ears. Every store has bunnies, kitties, mice, pig, tigers, elephants, etc, but not the most common animal on earth!!!!! I know I can make some ears, but I am not good at making things look cute. UGH! By the way Jenny, every time we go into another store looking for ears and capes Ainsley informs me that you are making her costume so why should I be worrying about it. Let me know when you get that done for her!!!!!
My final Halloween dilemma: I have never missed a Halloween parade at the elementary school in seven years. This year the parade is at the same time as Ainsley's Halloween party at Gardner Village. Luckily Jared offered to take Ainsley to her party so I could go to the elementary parade and parties. I thrive on these events for my kids, and I am dreading missing the preschool party.
I know my dilemmas are pathetic and easily solved. I just needed to vent about them to someone who may care. (Jared doesn't fit in this category, and just doesn't care.)
January 2020
6 years ago
6 comments:
I totally get it! It'll all work out because some how you always make it work! You're amazing! Love all the cosume ideas - I'm still formulating what to where with my awesome witch hat I found for a Halloween party TODAY!:
Laughing and laughing!!! (Sometimes lol just doesn't carry the emphasis I want!) You are SOOO FUN!!! and FUNNY!!! I CARE!!! Not in a desperate way, but in a yeah, you are cool way. You are SO FAR advanced beyond my, "Go look what's in the basement" for a costume attitude!
Good luck! love, Jane
Misty you are so AWESOME... I am with Jane laughing and laughing because I care too!!! you are SO FAR advanced beyond my "go look in the costume box" for a costume attitude. I guess Jane and I grew up in the same neighborhood lololol... make sure you post pictures of the costumes!! love you auntie Gaye
Costumes seem to be more and more of a problem. What happen to it being for the kids to dress up. I am shocked at the "costumes" that are for sale. Needless to say we will be making our own costumes again this year. We always look in the stores and end up making them in the end. Good Luck!!
geez mom you found one didn't you? at sears? and i find it really annoying that you cant find PENNY ears sorry keep looking EMILY
Last year Sophie HAD to have a cape with a red collar! CRAZY!
Good luck with your costume dilemmas...I know you'll make the best dog costume ever!
Post a Comment