I obviously haven't blogged in awhile. And unfortunately I can't get mad at any one else who hasn't blogged unless I blog myself. There is nothing exciting going on in my life, so I will fill you in on my kids.
Emily is our busy one. She switched from the charter school to a real junior high this year. Last week she was elected to be a seventh grade representative. Not bad for someone who started school with only knowing two other seventh graders. Thanks Emma for spreading the word about your cousin and rounding her up some votes!!!! So far the school change has been a great change for her. Emily plays soccer right now and is working on her recital piece for the upcoming piano recital. This weekend Emily and a friend did the sky coaster at Lagoon. BRAVE...I am too scared to do that thing (even though I want to)
We don't see much of Lizzie lately. Over the summer I started reading Harry Potter #1 to the kids. Two and a half weeks ago she decided I was reading too slow and finished the book by herself. She is now halfway through number 5. This is the girl that "Never wanted to even look at Harry Potter. It looks too boring. Why am I making her listen to this stupid book?" Maybe in another month she will be done with the series and will come out of hiding again.
Tyler turned eight last week and is anxiously awaiting his baptism on Saturday. (It is at 3:00 for anyone interested in attending) We went to his first pack meeting last night. Ugh, the whole scouts thing is intimidating to me. Tyler still hates to read out loud to us. "Why can't I just read the book quickly to him so he can go outside and play sooner?" My favorite with this boy is when he puts on all his cowboy garb (hat, boots, gun, shorts?...) and rides the wiggle bike. What a goof. At least he is a handsome one!
Ainsley turns five next week and can't wait for her friend pajama party. I can't believe my baby is this old! I have never met a more head strong child or person. Things will be done on her terms, and no other way. Last week for show and tell at school she planned to take a picture of her and Lizzie because the letter was "L". She had this planned all week. The morning of show and tell she decided she didn't want to take anything. I took the picture along in case she changed her mind once she got to school and saw everyone else's show and tell. That still didn't change her mind. After school she got buckled in the van, AND THEN decided she HAD to run and show her teacher the picture. Tomorrow for the letter "A" she said she is taking herself. Lately she acts as if she is our puppy named Penny. At least our dog uses the toilet instead of the back yard!
January 2020
6 years ago
8 comments:
Love your update - love your kids - love your family!
Happy Birthday to Tyler and Ainsley! Congratulations to Emily! Hope to see Lizzie soon......actually I caught a glimpse of her this afternoon walking home from school and there was no book in her hand!!
What a great update! I don't really know your kids, so I love seeing this snapshot into their lives. They are so cool!
yep lizzie sounds like me, one time a friend of mine was on book 5 of my favorite series before i started reading the series and i finished book 6 before he finished book 5. Go Lizzie go!!
I second everything Kristi said:
Love your update, kids and family!
I'm so excited for Emily! How fun! And also for Tyler, wish we could be there. Ainsley might be stubborn, but she sure is cute! Thanks for the update. Don't stay away so long next time :-)
Sounds like everything is going well! Ainsley is so cute!
Have I told you how much I love your kids?
Misty...the day to day things are the INTERESTING things!!! How funny and fun these kids are.
Miss Emily is a seventh grade beauty. Miss Lizzie is my reading dream come true buddy. Tyler...is just awesome. And Ainsley...tickles me.
PUH-LEASE clarify your last statement...."At least our dog uses the toilet instead of the back yard!" For some reason, my brain wants to reverse the names.... huh?
Love, Proud Auntie Jane
Our dog named Penny/Ainsley.
Post a Comment