Jared and I had the opportunity to be a Ma and Pa at our stake's Pioneer Trek last week. I am still emotional about the whole thing, so I don't think I can blog much about it. It was the most amazing experience for both of us. The stake let the 12 year olds attend, so Emily got to go also. She isn't sure if she ever wants to go again, but I would go again next week if I could. We walked 28 miles in three days. (It was a four day trek, but the third day's walk was basically a walk around the block.) Jared even lived to tell about it! The second day we looked like a bunch on 90 year olds hobbling around camp, but somehow we still did 6 miles that day plus a hoe-down.
My testimony grew yards that week. It inspired me to see so many youth all there with the same standards and morals. It seemed like there were so many life lessons in everything that happened on trek. I have a whole new appreciation for the pioneers. They had so much faith, and such a desire to follow the Lord. We were blessed with six excellent children that made the experience that much better. We shared so many testimony building moments with them. I really need to learn to journal so I can write all this down before I forget it all.
Poor Lizzie, we took Emily to Disneyland for her birthday. We were gone on trek for Lizzie's birthday. Luckily she is a fairly forgiving child and only complained a little. She is blessed with awesome friends who fed her chocolate cake and took her to Lagoon to celebrate her special day. (In addition to taking on three extra kids for three days! Thank you!!!!!!)
After back to back girl's camp and then trek, summer can officially begin at our house. Lagoon or the pool anyone?




4 comments:
I think if you can handle six kids on a trek that long, you can handle six kids of your own! Maybe you should think of adopting.... Looks like you guys had tons of fun though. I think the pioneer dresses are stylin'! Hope to see you wearing them around town!
How wonderful for you! I am envious! I've always wanted to trek, but haven't volunteered because of the major commitment involved. So I am MAJOR impressed. Congratulations! Write it all down and if you feel you can, share it with others!
Love, Jane
Did you go up "Rocky Ridge"? I went on that trek 4 or 5 years ago.. and we also did 28 or so miles in 3 days.. and it was tough! But so worth it! I love trek!! I'm glad you enjoyed it also! :)
You are so lucky. What a neat thing for you all to do together.
Do you want to go to lagoon with us while chad and alicia are here in town? My girls are dieing to see your girls.
Post a Comment