I LOVE FESTIVAL OF TREES!!!
Nothing gets me more in the Christmas spirit than Festival of Trees. This year I got the opportunity to help Tyler's class decorate four trees...for the four seasons. I think I mainly volunteered for helping in the class so that I could help on decorating day. I love decorating day. The whole South Towne Expo Center is filled with people decorating Christmas trees. Can you think of a happier setting? The generosity of so many people always amazes me. I love that every single penny raised from festival goes to Primary Childrens. 
Yesterday Tyler's class was going on a field trip to see their trees. I checked the girls out of school and we all went. Of course they all complained of aching feet after awhile, but they kept plodding along. Somehow we planned it right and the gingerbread houses were at the opposite end of where we started.....this kept them walking. They are always amazed at the things people can do with candy.
Ainsley's preschool decorated a tree also. We had to go find it first thing and check back on it several times. One time when we were walking away she asked if we could just stand and look at her tree for a long time. I am excited that my kids get to participate through their schools in this wonderful event!If you have a chance this week, go to Festival of Trees. It is open from 10-10 thru Saturday. I promise that you will love it too!!
5 comments:
It would have been fun to go with you and your kids. Hopefully we can make it tomorrow!
I have never been! You totally made me regret that... hopefully someday I'll get the chance.
I love that you participate in this festival! love, Jane
You are amazing. Every year I'm jealous of your participation with Festival of the Trees! I think I've only been once in my whole life when I was LITTLE!
Such a neat tradition!
Festivlal of trees was fantastic!! Thanks for letting us tag along!! You are amazing! Your trees were great!
Jenny
Post a Comment