Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Love Goo Gone!

So today I was doing my normal laundry. I pulled out of the DRYER a load of pajamas and ten pairs of khaki school pants.....all covered in ink! I mean COVERED, not just a few ink spots on each of them. It was like someone had exploded a pen in their hands and then wiped the ink EVERYWHERE. I saw this and actually didn't cry...yea for me! I did call Jared and say I wanted to cry though. Anyway, I pulled down the Goo Gone from the shelf and started squirting. I honestly went through 6 ounces of the stuff. I threw everything back in the washer and hoped for the best.
Forty-five minutes later I had prepared myself for the worst. At least I would have two weeks to find all new uniform pants for my kids to wear to school. But guess what.....almost all of the ink came out!!!!! There are still a few big thick spots left, but I will try Goo Gone again. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do if Goo Gone doesn't get the rest of the ink out??????? Also, I can't find an ink pen anywhere in the washer or dryer or in pants pockets. Where could it be?????
Five pairs of pants are saved....no ink at all left on them. HOORAY!!! Merry Christmas to me! THANK YOU GOO GONE!!!!!!
FYI: My family of six went through 56 pairs of socks in seven days. Emily and Lizzie win the prize with 13 and 12 pairs of socks each! If only they could clean their rooms as often as they change their socks..........

5 comments:

Kalynne said...

Hairspray gets out ink. I think aerosol works best but I used my regular kind once and it worked too. Just put a towel right behind the ink spot and spray away (if you don't put a towel, the ink also transfers to the other side of the fabric so you'd have ink on the front and back of a shirt instead of just the front-does that make any sense?)

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Wow! Good info! I have had my share of ink and crayon spots in the dryer....it is a horrible experience. Way to handle it, Misty! love, AJ

Anonymous said...

Wow. I had no idea!! That STINKS!! I am going to "second" on the hairspray idea. I remember my mom doing that when I was younger. Luck for me (knock on wood) I have not had to deal with an ink / laundry situation!!

Good Luck!!

Jeni said...

Oh I'm laughing so hard that your kids went through so many socks...or at least that you counted how many...I'm going to have to try that..all I know is that I did ALL our laundry and mysteriously, the clothes that I had just washed...were all in the dirty clothes hamper the next day. erg. someone is going to get it!

Jeni said...

PS: Hooray for Goo Gone!